Your Membership is personal and covers you the Member when you are driving or riding in a vehicle that becomes disabled. To ensure that CAA Members receive quality road service, CAA/AAA has contracted qualified facilitates to provide Members with road side assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This in turn helps to maintain your annual Membership dues at a reasonable level.
If you have followed the procedures outlined to obtain Roadside Assistance and CAA/AAA service is not available, you may acquire your own service, pay for it and submit the original invoice to CAA North and East Ontario (CAANEO) within 30 day. Reimbursement consideration will be based on the prevailing commercial rate for the region where the vehicle was disabled.
If the CAA/AAA service was available but not used, reimbursement consideration will be made at the local contract station rate, subject to approval by CAANEO. We will reimburse you for the service normally provided under your membership. In instances where the CAA contractor’s access is legally restricted (e.g. toll road, limited-access highway), full reimbursement will be provided for towing back to the service facility or nearest exit.
From time to time in our region we experience inclement weather due to extreme cold, snow, heat and flooding. These conditions can impact the service times we are able to quote for service that would allow a service provider to arrive at the location of your disabled vehicle. Other considerations are vehicles that are located in a dangerous position that require first available responder. We understand that sometimes it isn’t always possible to call CAA but because you are a valued member, we have made provisions for events like this.
Click here to download the reimbursement form*
Send these documents to the following address:
P.O. Box 8350
Ottawa, ON K1G 3T2
*This form is only for Members’ of Club 290 – CAA North and East Ontario
The following REIMBURSEMENT considerations apply
- CAA Member that is named on Membership must be present with vehicle at time of service
- Member must submit an official receipt that bears the business name, address and phone of the qualified, registered Auto Service or Towing Facility. Generic or handwritten receipts will not be accepted. Cash register receipts are not acceptable.
- Receipt must bear the name of the Member and be signed by the Member. Altered receipts will not be accepted.
- Receipts must be submitted to CAA within 30 day of service. To avoid delays, the original receipt must submitted, please make a copy for your files.
From time to time in our area we can experience severe weather conditions such as extreme cold, snow, heat and flooding. These conditions can impact the service times we are able to quote, that would allow a service provider to arrive at the location of your disabled vehicle safely. Road service may be temporarily suspended.
Road Services not covered by your Membership include:
- Collision towing, where the policy of an insurance company owned by a provincial Crown Corporation operating exclusively within a province preempts CAA service.
- Second or additional trips by the service person on any one call, including re-tows.
- Abandoned vehicles, towing a vehicle to a salvage yard, a vehicle that has failed a safety inspection, an impounded vehicle due to a legal infraction, and vehicles that are not plated or licensed.
- Service to a vehicle willfully driven into an area not regularly travelled, e.g., vacant lot, open fields, beaches, impassable private or recreational roads, yards, gravel, mud or snow filled driveways or alleys (service persons will not shovel snow), construction sites, unmaintained roads, or other locations which cannot be reached safely.
- Service to school buses, motorcycles (under Classic Membership), and vehicles for hire, identified as taxis and limousines,
- Charges for towing some light duty trailers may be the responsibility of the Member.
- Impound and storage fees due to towing as a result of infractions of local ordinances or laws.
- Cost of parts, labour, and repairs.
- Accepting appointments for service calls.
- Loaded or altered vehicles may not be eligible for flat tire, extraction/winching or towing benefits.
- Damage to a locked vehicle resulting from an attempt to gain entry.
- Special equipment, additional manpower or vehicles required to extricate/winch a Member's vehicle beyond the services provided by all levels of CAA or CAA Plus or CAA Plus RV coverage facility or when additional equipment is supplied at the member’s request. Not applicable if it’s a case that alternate equipment is needed to completed the service delivery.
- Transportation to and or from your disabled vehicle. (But CAA will help make arrangements for you at your expense.)
- Loss, damages or unsatisfactory workmanship resulting from an ERS facility providing the service. In most areas, ERS facilities are independent business and are not employees of CAA or its affiliates. CAA will help mediate between the member and contractor any vehicle repairs and damage complaints as a result from Road service provided by the contactor. If your vehicle cannot be made operable by providing services as listed, CAA will assist you in finding the nearest open place of repair